Author: Järvelä-Hynynen, Raija, Ed
Year Published: 1996
No. of pages: 31
Illustrations: 90 Color Illustrations. 12 B&W Illustrations.
Size: 9”x 4 1/2”
The Seurasaari Museum was founded in 1909, when the first group of buildings, belonging to the Niemelä tenant farm, was moved from Konginkangas to Seurasaari Island. The purpose of this outdoor museum is to highlight the Nordic tradition of wood and log construction by presenting various buildings and structures typical of the various provinces of Finland. At present, there are 85 separate buildings at Seurasaari, with some dating back to 1686 and most from the 18th and 19th centuries.